Photography has long been a passion for me, and a method by which I can share and exhibit Creation's beauty. For the better part of the last decade my photography has centered on Central Alabama. While I vacillate between urban and rural landscapes, I have found that our state never ceases to present worthy subjects and that "Alabama the Beautiful" is truly an appropriate moniker.
I initially moved to the Birmingham area to teach high school in Gardendale, which I did for five years. I am now a lawyer, practicing civil defense litigation in Birmingham. And I take every chance I get to carry my camera with me on hikes, walks, runs, and various other ventures around the state, about which I tend to write, on the blog
.Publications and Exhibitions:
- February 2011 :: ABC 33/40 in Birmingham in its story covering the "You Are Beautiful" graffiti that was popping up throughout Birmingham.
- September 2011 :: KETK-NBC in Tyler, Texas in its running story on the East Texas wildfires that raged through that state for several weeks.
- March 2012 :: The Cumberland Lawyer, the alumni magazine for Samford University's Cumberland School of Law, in an article depicting the Cumberland experience as a student, professor, and alumnus, in celebration of Cumberland's fifty years at Samford University.
- June 2012 :: "Rock'n Turkey Creek" Charity Event, raising money for the Turkey Creek Corridor of the Red Rock Ridge and Valley Trail Systems.
- October 2012 :: Alabama CASA's "Through the Lens Event", through which photographers exhibited works allowing the audience to take "A Journey through Foster Care." The photographs were then sold at a silent auction to raise support for the organization.
In addition to its home on this website, my blog is also hosted as a feature blog by al.com
; it can be found, listed as: Magic City Marquee